To enter and work in China you will need to obtain a Z visa prior to your departure. Tourist and business visit visas do not entitle you to work in China.
Z visas are issued to foreigners that have already been offered a job in China and received their work permit from their employer.
For how long is a Z visa valid for?
A Z visa allows you to stay in the country for 30 days from the date of arrival. During this time your employer/ school will seek a temporary residence permit for the duration of your contract.
What will I need to apply for a Z visa?
- Passport (valid for a minimum of 18 months from the date submitting your application and with a sufficient number of blank pages)
- Completed visa application (here). You will need to fill out the form on your computer.
- Passport photo (guidelines here)
- Work permit (provided by the school/employer)
- Invitation letter/ contract
- Health certificate/ Medical check
How to apply?
You will need to book an appointment with the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) or request to submit your application using the postal service.
Regular service: The processing time is usually 4 working days
Express service: The processing time is usually 3 working days
Postal service: The processing time is usually 5-10 working days