To enter and work in China you will need to obtain a Z visa prior to your departure. Tourist and business visit visas do not entitle you to work in China.
Z visas are issued to foreigners that have already been offered a job in China and received their work permit from their employer.
A Z visa allows you to stay in the country for 30 days from the date of arrival. During this time your employer/ school will seek a temporary residence permit for the duration of your contract.
- Passport (valid for a minimum of 18 months from the date submitting your application and with a sufficient number of blank pages)
- Completed visa application (see links below)
- Passport photo
- Work permit (provided by the school/employer)
- Invitation letter/ contract
- Health certificate/ Medical check (If applicable)
In person. Appointments are not required.
Postal applications are not accepted.
3-5 working days by regular service
2-3 working days by express service
118 Merrion Road, Dublin 4
Monday-Thursday 9 am-12 pm
The information on this page is subject to change.