A Beginner’s Guide to Teaching in China: How to get a work permit

What is it?

How to get a work permit:

Documents needed:

Scanned copies / photo copies must then be emailed to your school representative who will submit a work permit application for you. Once your work permit has been approved (approx. three weeks), your school representative will email the reference number (can be found under the barcode) that you can use to apply for the Z visa. 

Note: If you are relocating to Beijing you will have to send the physical documents to your school representative

Important: You will need to bring ALL your documents to China.

Once you arrive in China you will receive your Work Permit (see picture below) and you will need to apply for a Working Foreigner’s Residence Permit (your school representative will help you with this). Once you have received your residence permit, you can legally live and work in China for the duration of your contract.

The information on this page is subject to change.

Teach English in China, Begin the Adventure of a Lifetime

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.