A Beginner’s Guide to Teaching in China: How to get a criminal record check ( New Zealand)

Share with you friend

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest

FYI this document must be within its six-month validity when you arrive in China.

To check your criminal record (criminal conviction history), you must fill in and send this form:

How to fill in the form

You can either:

  • fill in the form electronically (type in the details) then print it and sign it or
  • print out the form then fill it in by hand, using blue or black pen, and sign it.
  • In both cases you must sign the printed copy.
  • Sending your form and a copy of your ID


You can mail your form and ID to:

Postal address:
Criminal Records Unit
Ministry of Justice

Write the address as written above and send it the same way as any other mail. You can use an NZ Post mail box. If you use a DX mailbox your mail will get to us faster(external link)

Email your form and ID

You can scan your form and ID and email them to us. You can send it as a: pdf, jpg, tif, png, doc or docx file. Put only your first name and last name in the email subject line. Email: criminalrecord@justice.govt.nz

It’s free.

Within 20 working days.

This is from the date we get your form. It doesn’t include mail delivery time.

Need to know when you’ll receive your record? Use the online calculator.

Email: criminalrecord@justice.govt.nz


In New Zealand: 04 918 8800 and ask to speak to a Criminal Records Officer
Overseas: +64 4 918 8800 and ask to speak to a Criminal Records Officer

Pioneer & Beyond does not hold any legal right or responsibility to the information in this document/ on this page. All the information in this document is copied from the official website of the Ministry of Justice.

Close Menu