Predeparture health check to teach English in China predeparture guide

Pre-departure Medical Check -Teach in China

Share with you friend

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest

In order to teach in China you are required to complete a physical examination. Depending on the province you are moving to you may be required to complete a physical examination before you apply for your Z visa. Please double check with your school to see if this is a requirement or not. Regardless you will have to undergo a physical examination when you arrive in China.

If you don’t need to do the pre-departure medical check you will have to submit a health declaration letter; you can see a sample from the Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs here!

Attention, we strongly advise that you have a look at the health check and make sure that you will pass the examination as it is a legal requirement. If you are unsure whether you will pass the physical examination in China, please book an appointment with your doctor/GP and get it done in your home country. If you do not pass the physical examination in China your z visa will be withdrawn.

If the physical examination is a necessary step pre-departure, all you need to do is download and print the medical check form and then book an appointment with your doctor or GP. He or she should be able to complete the form.

Please note;

  • Page one should be easy for your Doctor/GP to fill out
  • Page two at the top a comment such as ‘normal’ should be
  • In the section regarding the Chest X-ray and ECG boxes you can write “not applicable”.
  • At the bottom of the form, your GP should include a comment/ statement confirming that you are of good health.
  • You will have to attach a recent passport stamped by your doctor or GP. Your doctor/GP will then need to sign and stamp the form before you can submit it as part of your visa application.

In addition, it is a good idea to speak with your doctor/GP about recommended vaccinations. At the time of writing, there are no mandatory vaccinations. However, it is always good to do your research.

Be advised that policies and regulations change frequently and vary depending on the province you are going to. Please make sure that you double check with your school and the Chinese Embassy before you apply for your Z visa.

Helpful Resources

Physical Examination Form

Health Declaration Letter (Shanghai only)

World Health Organization 

National Travel Health Network and Centre

Close Menu

Our website uses cookies and thereby collects information about your visit to improve our website (by analyzing) to be able to show you Social Media content and relevant advertisements. Please see our Cookies page for further details about cookies. You can agree by clicking the green button 'Accept all cookies'. You can also choose which cookies you wish to accept or decline from the list available that appears when you click on the slide control icon to the left of the green button. You can also disagree by clicking the red button 'Decline cookies'.

Cookie settings

Below you can choose which kind of cookies you allow on this website. Click on the "Save cookie settings" button to apply your choice.

FunctionalOur website uses functional cookies. These cookies are necessary to let our website work.

AnalyticalOur website uses analytical cookies to make it possible to analyze our website and optimize for the purpose of a.o. the usability.

Social mediaOur website places social media cookies to show you 3rd party content like YouTube and FaceBook. These cookies may track your personal data.

AdvertisingOur website places advertising cookies to show you 3rd party advertisements based on your interests. These cookies may track your personal data.

OtherOur website places 3rd party cookies from other 3rd party services which aren't Analytical, Social media or Advertising.