A Police Certificate is a statement about you issued by the Gardaí. The certificate, which is normally valid for one year, states your name, address, date of birth and also includes information about whether or not you have a criminal record.
FYI this document must be within its six-month validity when you arrive in China.
Free of charge.
Your application in writing should include the following:
- Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
- Your date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
- Your current address
- All addresses at which you have lived at in Ireland and when you lived there
- The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate
You should also include with your application:
- A copy of your passport, driving licence or similar for identification purposes
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope
How to submit your application:
You should make your application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district where you live.
If you leave your application into your local Garda station for forwarding to the Superintendent for the district, you should take note of the Garda’s name or shoulder number.
Station directory: Here!
Approximately three weeks.